Information about cookies
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies that we could use are split into the following categories:
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they move around within the website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission. You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website. Please contact us using the email address provided on this page.
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.vivacitylabs.com
The cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
- Necessary Cookies: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Preference Cookies: Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Statistic Cookies: Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. These include: Google Analytics and other Google products, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Pipedrive.
- Marketing Cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers. These include cookies (and tracking pixels) generated by: the Google Advertising Network, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, HubSpot, Leadfeeder, and Mailchimp.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make or information you enter (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They are also used to enable requested functions such as playing videos.
We have a presence on social media platforms and other third party websites. These third party websites may use your personal data through cookies to show adverts, analyse traffic and customise experiences for you. Some of these websites rely on legitimate interests to use your personal data, instead of your consent. You have the right to reject this. Our social media platforms include LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook, and a third party partner includes Google Analytics. You can view their respective policies by clicking on the links provided.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any further questions about the cookie types, description, purpose, etc. We will be happy to help.
How you can block cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
- The information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on the website (Site), interacting with the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you sign up to our newsletter service, make an enquiry about our products and services or log a support ticket. The information you give us will include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as preliminary information about your business.
VivaCity has disabled additional tracking features on our analytics platform. VivaCity does not collect, create, send or receive demographic and interest data for our users. When browsing our website, we do not allow Google to associate your web and app browsing history with your Google account.
Social Media platforms
We operate social media platforms, which are, in most cases operated outside of Europe/the EU and tend to offer less privacy protection. We would like to encourage you to visit each platform’s privacy page to obtain detailed information on how your data will be processed and what rights you have.
It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own volition with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested so.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. This data is anonymised at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than 14 months. We have disabled additional Google Analytics features, we do not collect or create demographic and interest data for our users.
Uses made of the information
All information about you that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the “Where We Store Your Personal Data” section below for more details).
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and the information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site;
- Third party support services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centre.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
Where we store your personal data
All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
Any personal data sent to us through the “contact us” message box will be kept for sufficient time to respond to the query, and no longer than 6 months.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the Site; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you apply for a job at VivaCity, we collect a range of information about you. This includes:
- Your name, address, email address, and telephone number;
- Information included on your CV, including your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- Information about your entitlement to work in the countries of the job posting;
- Information about your driving license, if required for the role you are applying for.
We may collect this information from application forms, CVs, or resumes, or through interviews or other forms of assessment.
Data will be stored on your application record in our applicant tracking system and on other IT systems (including email).
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of recruitment. This includes members of the Business Operations team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy.
If your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment, we may then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you. We will inform you of this before we do so.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file for 6 months after the end of the recruitment process. If you agree to allow us to keep your personal data on file, we will hold your data on file for a further 6 months for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or anonymised.
You have the following rights under the law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
Under data protection laws, you have the right to request that we delete any personal data we hold on you. Such requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also instruct us to provide details of any personal data we hold on you. Such requests may be subject to a fee (currently £10) and also you providing us with appropriate evidence of identity. We will accept copies of identity documents certified by a lawyer as proof of identity.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This policy might be amended from time to time. You can always find the most up-to-date version on this page on our website.
Applicant Privacy Notice
VivaCity Limited (‘VivaCity’) collect and process personal data relating to job applications as part of our recruitment process. We are committed to being transparent about how we
collect and use this data and to meeting our data protection obligations.
This notice sets out the basis on which we collect, use and disclose the personal data of our job applicants, as well as your rights in respect of such personal data.
What information does the company collect and how?
VivaCity collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information from interviews and phone screenings you may have;
- information about your current level of remuneration;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK; and
- information regarding your driving licence if required for the job applied for.
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in CVs (including when these are sent to us as part of speculative applications ), obtained from
your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews.
We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer has
been made to you.
Data will be stored in a variety of different places, including on your application re cord, in our HR management system and our email system.
Why do VivaCity process personal data?
VivaCity collect and process your data for a number of purposes and where we have a legal basis to do so, as follows.
VivaCity has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
In some cases, we need to process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts. We will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment process.
Who has access to your data?
Your information may be shared internally within the company for the purpose s of recruitment. This includes members of the People team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, and managers in the business area with a vacancy.
We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and an offer of employment is made. We will then share your data with your nominated referee in order to obtain references. We may also share your data for business performance and other types of monitoring and management purposes.
In addition, we may need to share your personal information with a regulator or otherwise to comply with the law.
How does VivaCity protect data?
VivaCity takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed .
For how long does VivaCity keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful (including when you have speculatively applied to us), we will hold your data on file for 6 months. At the end of that period, your data is deleted or destroyed (unless we need to retain it for longer to exercise or defend any legal claims). If we think that you are suitable for another role within the organisation in the future, we will ask you, whether we can keep your details on file for a further 6 months If your application for employment is successful, persona l data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your
employment. The periods for which employee data is held will be provided to you in a separate privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights under data protection law. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- request that VivaCity change incorrect or incomplete data;
- request for VivaCity to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where VivaCity is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; or
- ask us to transfer your data to another organisation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or if you have any questions about this notice or our processing of your data more generally, please contact us at email@example.com.