The AI-Powered Urban Infrastructure of the Future. Today.
Life in our cities is changing rapidly. Accurate and up-to-the-minute data on urban movement and usage is more critical than ever before.
Smart cities. Active travel. Autonomous vehicles.
Our Artificial Intelligence sensors gather detailed and anonymous data 24/7 on transport modes, traffic flow and travel patterns. Along with our first-of-its-kind Smart Junctions signal control system, we’re supporting strategic decisions to help optimise the transport network and improve urban infrastructure.
Cutting edge technology for unprecedented insight.
Using advanced machine learning techniques combined with state-of-the-art edge processing, anonymous, accurate detection and classification of transport modes and urban movement are possible, all from the same sensor.
- Classified Counts of 9 transport modes
- Vehicle path
- Median journey time
- Social distancing (anonymous)
- Sensor image (blurred)
Detailed data for a diverse range of solutions.
Our data is being used to help to make cities smarter, safer and more sustainable.
TRANSPORT PLANNING & ACTIVE TRAVEL
TRAFFIC SIGNAL CONTROL & NETWORK MANAGEMENT
SMART CITIES & URBAN ENVIRONMENT
Explore how Vivacity technology is being used.
Junctions & high street1
- Live classified counts & turning movements at key junctions.
- Understanding pedestrian footfall & desire lines on high streets.
- Measure impact of roadworks on flows.
- Quantifying and classifying HGV impact on traffic
- Utilisation of key active travel spaces.
- Justify government & maintenance grants.
- Quantifying cyclist traffic before installation to justify spend.
- Understanding behaviour during & after works.
Park & ride5
- Demand-side behaviour change through queue alerts on VMS.
- Promoting uptake of Park & Ride facilities.
- Identifying safety-critical events such as stopped vehicles.
- Providing real-time alerts for abnormal behaviour.
- Live traffic information integrated with VMS.
- Real-time prediction and queue alerting.
- Detection of wide range of unusual classes, including wheelchair.
- New classes can be added on request.
Trains, trams & metros9
- Counting boarding & alighting flows at stations.
- Identifying transit vehicles in other vehicular flows.
- Real-time, low-latency alerts for queues.
- Journey time monitoring to demonstrate impacts.
- Futureproof data collection for MOVA / SCOOT.
- Real-time through-flow measures
- Understanding utilisation of minor roads and junctions.
- Exploring active travel across rural networks.
- Traffic signal optimisation going beyond MOVA / SCOOT.
- Prioritise different modes, and optimise for air quality.
- Understand pedestrian desire lines before implementation.
- Understand behaviour of cyclists & other vehicles.
- Gather detailed origin-destination data around a central cordon.
- Understand journey times across the town/city centre.
- Assess impact of roadworks on journey times.
- Optimise time-of-day and duration of roadworks based on traffic patterns.
At Vivacity, privacy is at the heart of everything we do. We believe strongly that the future of the Smart City has to be citizen-centric, and that keeping citizens’ data safe and private is critical to the success of this technology. As such, we have designed our solutions from the ground up to guarantee the privacy of every citizen, utilising privacy-by-design principles. Our sensors do not collect personal data, and none of our clients can use our technologies to gather any kind of personal data, ever.