Improved planning, monitoring and assessment.
Vivacity are supporting a wide range of users with detailed and anonymous data, along with AI-controlled Smart Junctions, to help optimise the transport network and improve urban infrastructure.
Using cutting-edge machine learning techniques, our technology enables accurate detection and classification of different transportation modes and movement patterns.
Our Smart Junctions are able to adapt quickly to changing traffic conditions and efficiently implement strategies at both local and city-wide scales to optimise traffic networks.
With access to real-time and historical data we are enabling organisations to understand more about past and current travel behaviours, and to assess the impact changes are making with benefits they deliver, helping to make cities smarter, safer and more sustainable.
Counts, Classification, Paths, Journey Time, Speed and more, all from the same sensor.
- Classified Counts – Pedestrian – Cyclist – Motorbike – Car – Taxi – Van/LGV – OGV 1 – OGV 2 – Public Service Vehicles/Buses. E-scooters and micro mobility to be added in early 2021.
- Vehicle Path across the road space to understand how different vehicles interact and to assess junction turning counts.
- Median Journey Time of road users with number plates between any two sensors within the network.
- Speed to capture travel behaviour, stopped vehicle detection and identify queue formation.
- Social Distancing of the number of anonymous pedestrian/pedestrian interactions < 2m.
- Sensor Image on request, a blurred image or low-res video of the road space to help understand abnormal behaviour on a live data feed.
- Cloud-based data collection, where we can apply Artificial Intelligence to existing CCTV, for live and historic videos.
- Future predictions, where our state-of-the-art AI prediction approaches forecast traffic flows with unprecedented accuracy.
Our underlying technology is flexible for a wide range of applications. By incorporating computer vision algorithms, IoT hardware and control systems, and optimization algorithms, we can do anything a human can do to gather from the road, but in a much more efficient and effective way.
Detailed data for a diverse range of solutions.
TRANSPORT PLANNING & ACTIVE TRAVEL
SIGNAL CONTROL & NETWORK MANAGEMENT
SMART CITIES & URBAN ENVIRONMENT
Explore how Vivacity technology is being used.
Junctions & high street1
- Live classified counts & turning movements at key junctions.
- Understanding pedestrian footfall & desire lines on high streets.
- Measure impact of roadworks on flows.
- Quantifying and classifying HGV impact on traffic
- Utilisation of key active travel spaces.
- Justify government & maintenance grants.
- Quantifying cyclist traffic before installation to justify spend.
- Understanding behaviour during & after works.
Park & ride5
- Demand-side behaviour change through queue alerts on VMS.
- Promoting uptake of Park & Ride facilities.
- Identifying safety-critical events such as stopped vehicles.
- Providing real-time alerts for abnormal behaviour.
- Live traffic information integrated with VMS.
- Real-time prediction and queue alerting.
- Detection of wide range of unusual classes, including wheelchair.
- New classes can be added on request.
Trains, trams & metros9
- Counting boarding & alighting flows at stations.
- Identifying transit vehicles in other vehicular flows.
- Real-time, low-latency alerts for queues.
- Journey time monitoring to demonstrate impacts.
- Futureproof data collection for MOVA / SCOOT.
- Real-time through-flow measures
- Understanding utilisation of minor roads and junctions.
- Exploring active travel across rural networks.
- Traffic signal optimisation going beyond MOVA / SCOOT.
- Prioritise different modes, and optimise for air quality.
- Understand pedestrian desire lines before implementation.
- Understand behaviour of cyclists & other vehicles.
- Gather detailed origin-destination data around a central cordon.
- Understand journey times across the town/city centre.
- Assess impact of roadworks on journey times.
- Optimise time-of-day and duration of roadworks based on traffic patterns.